Health Insurance :: Costs
All international students are required to have health insurance. In the United States, health insurance is necessary to get the medical care you need.
After registering for IEP classes, international students will be automatically enrolled in IU Student Health and will be billed for the insurance by the Office of the Bursar.
Students, who already have health insurance that meets the minimum requirements, may file a waiver request in iStart.
Requirements for Insurance Waiver
- $50,000 for each illness
- $50,000 for each accident
- $10,000 for medical evacuation
- $7,500 for repatriation of remains to the home country in case of death
- Female students must have policies that cover the costs of pregnancy, pre-natal care and childbirth in an amount equal to any other sickness.
- This coverage must be in force throughout a student's stay in the U.S.
For a copy of the current IU Aetna Health Insurance Policy please visit http://www.indiana.edu/~uhrs/benefits/students.html and look at the International Plan.